Direct Respite ProviderPosted on May 25, 2023
Direct Respite Providers
Terrace Bay/Schreiber, ON
Respiteservices.com is looking for Direct Respite Providers to provide social, recreational and personal support to individuals of all ages with a special need/chronic health condition in Terrace Bay/Schreiber and surrounding areas, while giving family caregivers a much-needed break from their caregiving duties. This support can be provided in the family home or in the community.
Direct Respite Providers come from a variety of backgrounds with a variety of skills and experience levels. They are self-motivated, committed to inclusion, and passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of the people they serve.
What is Respiteservices.com?
Respiteservices.com is an online database of pre-screened Direct Respite Providers looking to provide support to families of individuals with a special need/chronic health condition.
Direct Respite Providers work directly for families, either as an independent contractor or as an employee of the family. Respite Providers organize their schedule with families, at a time and in a way that works best for everyone.
· Experience and/or education supporting individuals with a special need/chronic health condition
· Good working knowledge of community resources/programming for individuals with special needs
· First Aid + CPR certificate and access to a vehicle is an asset
How to Apply:
· Submit your online application to www.respiteservices.com and attach a resume.
Successful applicants will be granted an interview and must:
· Provide three work/volunteer-related references
· Consent to and provide a clear Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening
· Attend a Direct Respite Provider Information Session.
Upon completion of these steps, a Direct Funding Coordinator will provide support to facilitate matches between Direct Respite Providers and families. Training and supervision is provided by the family.
Rate of Pay: to be negotiated with family
Job Type: part-time/casual (days, evenings, weekends, overnights, summer)
Education: some college/university (preferred)