Fitness Room Re-Opening on Friday, July 24, 2020Posted on July 22, 2020
RE-OPENING! The Terrace Bay Fitness Room will be re-opening on Friday, July 24, 2020. All memberships have been extended for the period that the fitness room was closed based on members date of expiry.
FITNESS ROOM RE-OPENING
The Fitness Room is scheduled to re-open starting Friday, July 24, 2020
Hours of Operation will be Monday to Sunday – 24 hours a day with the exception of the cleaning hour.
Cleaning Hour: Monday to Saturday – 9:00am to 10:00am – fitness room closed to members
Maximum Number of Users allowed in the Fitness Room is 6. READ MORE
FITNESS ROOM GUIDELINES:
Fitness Room Members will access the facility at the Terrace Bay Community Centre Main Door – Hwy #17 with their swipe card.
Maximum Number of Users allowed in the Fitness Room is 6.
- The fitness room will be monitored by staff to ensure that the quota of 6 is maintained.
- If a user finds that when entering there are more users than the maximum of 6, the user is asked to contact the TB Community Centre Office to deal with the situation or contact the After Hours Phone at 229-7186.
- Users will be asked to leave if they are not abiding by this rule.
- If this becomes an issue, the TB Recreation Department will re-evaluate this rule and might have to implement time slots for users.
Fitness room users will NOT be required to wear masks in the fitness room, due to the TBDHU mask guidelines for indoor public spaces for the Thunder Bay District. 5. f. permit the temporary removal of a mask or face covering where necessary for the purposes of: i. actively engaging in an athletic or fitness activity including water based activities.
All fitness room users will be required to wear masks in all public areas of the Terrace Bay Community Centre, with the exception of the fitness room.
Changerooms will be open to fitness room users. The Sauna is Closed due to provincial guidelines Phase 3.
All fitness room users will be required to hand sanitize prior to entering the Fitness Room.
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided at the entrance and inside the fitness room.
All fitness room users are to maintain proper social distancing and avoid using equipment directly beside other guests.
All fitness room users MUST wipe down their equipment with the cleaner provided prior to using the equipment and immediately after use.
- Equipment Cleaner will be provided in the fitness room for all users to clean their equipment before and after use.
We ask all fitness room users that you should not enter the facility if you:
- Feel unwell and have symptoms of COVID-19
- Have been in close contact with someone currently COVID-19 positive, or who has symptoms and is awaiting test results.
- Travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days.
If any of the above apply to you, self-isolate immediately and call the TBDHU for testing at 1-888-294-6630.