Summer Student Employment ProgramGovernment Employment Opportunities Summer Student Employment Program
The 2018 Summer Student Employment Program will be accepting job applications from February 8 to April 8.
If you are interested in taking on exciting challenges and making a difference in your community, explore our summer job opportunities which include:
Tourist Information Centre
- Swim Pool Manager Job Description
- Swim Pool Assistant Manager Job Description
- Swim Pool Instructor/Lifeguard Job Description
- Swim Pool Assistant Instructor Guard Job Description
- Recreation Maintenance/Parks Assistant Job Description
- Minor Soccer Coordinator Job Description
- To Be Announced
Applicants are advised to submit a resume and cover letter that clearly identifies their qualifications for these positions to the Community Centre Office, email or mail to:
Mr. Dean Main, Community Development Supervisor
Terrace Bay Community Centre
P.O. Box 40, TERRACE BAY, Ontario P0T 2W0
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 807-825-9576
Library Applicants please submit to:
Mary Deschatelets, CEO
Terrace Bay Public Library
P.O. Box 369, Terrace Bay, ON P0T 2W0
To be eligible for the Summer Student Employment Program, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be 14 years of age or older by the first day of summer employment;
- be enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary program or institution of higher learning on a full-time basis, returning to school or graduating that same year; and
- if a part-time student in university or college, your transcript must indicate that the course of study is leading you to a degree or diploma.
Summer Student Hiring Process
Step 1: Application phase. All applicants are given the opportunity to apply from February 8 to April 8, 2018. The closing time for all applications is 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on Friday, April 8, 2018.
Step 2: Assessment phase. This will take place during the month of April. All applications will be reviewed and the interview process may begin. If selected for an interview, you may be contacted by email and/or telephone as per the information provided on your application.
Step 3: Decision Making and Selection phase. This will take place throughout the month of April. Successful applicant’s credentials and job specific qualifications will be reviewed and copies collected. If successful, a verbal job offer will be issued.
Step 4: Hiring and Documentation phase. This will take place either in April or in the beginning of May. Successful applicants will be instructed to accept their offer letter, in addition to, completing mandatory hiring documentation in a timely manner. Hire dates for Summer Students may begin as early as May 1st.
Note: When documenting, please be prepared to have the following information available:
- Social Insurance Number
- Banking Information (Void cheque or a bank validated deposit form). The bank account must be in your name.
Important Facts and Information
The Township of Terrace Bay does not accept unsolicited, late or incomplete applications. Consideration for employment will only be given for jobs in which an application has been submitted.
Documents required prior to being hired:
- Proof of student status (such as a transcript)
- Proof of age
- Proof of Certifications and/or Credentials (if required for the job, refer to the job posting)
- Current Police Record (PRC) or Criminal Reference Check (CRC) (if required for the job, refer to the job posting).
The Township of Terrace Bay would like to extend a thank you to all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.