Machinist (Red Seal) (Full Time) – Terrace BayPosted on January 29, 2019
AV Terrace Bay
Terrace Bay, ON
MACHINIST (RED SEAL)
The Machinist works throughout the mill and operates various types of machining equipment. Machinists work in a team environment which includes planning, designing, obtaining the material, and field work. Their duties sometimes require the machinist to be out in the field with portable equipment such as align boring, key ways in place, and portable lathes. He/she must be able to perform duties within time constraints, ie. emergency breakdowns.
• Operating small bench grinders to 15 ton press rolls
• Drilling tiny holes to 3 ½” holes
• Lathe work consisting of small pins to 84 inch diameter
• Repair fan rotors to 20 feet long shafts
• Sawing small to large size and weights of different materials, ie. hard & soft plastics, wood, exotic metals and odd shapes
• Machining large irregular objects in the boring mill
• All these operating functions may include rotating elements of either the workpiece or the tools
• Tasks may be quite physical with multiple operations. The machinists are a support group for the mill.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• MUST HOLD a valid and current provincial or inter-provincial (red seal) Machinists’ ticket
• Must be a high school graduate or have the GED equivalency
• Must successfully meet the Company standards for the Aptitude and Physical Testing, pre-employment medical and provision of a Criminal Records Check
• Must be willing to work rotating shifts in a plant that operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
• Must be committed to safety and producing the highest quality product
• Ability to work in a team-based environment.
• Must be willing to relocate to Terrace Bay (relocation assistance provided up to $12,000)
Please send resumes to: