Medical Office AssistantPosted on February 2, 2022
Aguasabon Medical Clinic
Terrace Bay, ON
Aguasabon Medical Clinic is seeking a professional, respectful, and compassionate individual with a positive attitude to fill a part-time possible full time medical office assistant position. The individual must be committed, punctual, reliable, and flexible to adapt to our dynamic clinic environment. Proof of Vaccine with resume is requested. Current Booster is required.
The Aguasabon Medical Clinic is a primary care clinic located in Terrace Bay, Ontario. Our employees collaborate and work within our team, along-side the North Shore Family Health Team to achieve a common goal of optimizing health and well-being of everyone within our catchment area.
Under the overall supervision of the primary lead physician, the medical office assistant will be a member of an interprofessional team, providing excellent customer service to patients and visitors, as well as administration support.
• Exceptional communication, customer service, and organizational skills
• Computer proficiency and experience with electronic medical record software (Telus PS Suite)
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to multi-task and adapt effectively in a dynamic environment
• Clinic or hospital administrative or clinical work experience
• Greet all patients and visitors, in person or over the phone
• Respectfully communicate with staff, patients, families, and external parties to direct and respond to their needs
• Verify appointment times and ensure that the electronic medical record is up to date and accurate
• Schedule and confirm patient appointments / tests / follow-ups / urgent recalls
• Manage physician schedules
• Perform assessments of the patients on the phone as necessary for triaging/prioritizing their urgency to be seen by our office or refer to ER
• Communicate with patients on behalf of the physicians
• Record patient vitals in charts
• Facilitates client flow by managing arrivals in the electronic medical record system, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
• Manage confidential information in a sensitive and professional manner
• Scan, fax mail, and process all documentation in a timely manner as required
• Ensure timely correspondence and invoicing of all third-party requests
• Collect payments from patients for uninsured services
• Audit charts as per physician request
• Assist to order supplies, maintain inventory as required, and keep office and clinic supplies adequately stocked
• Assists other staff as needed
• Perform other assigned duties and responsibilities as needed
Proof of Vaccine with resume is requested. Current Booster is required. Continue participant in mandatory vaccine policies for McCausland Hospital.
We use a combination of telemedicine and in-person clinic visits with screening processes in place. All staff, physicians and patients are required to follow guidelines for safe practices/PPE. Administration area is separated from reception by plexi-glass wall.
Interested candidates please apply via email to email@example.com
Start date: as soon as possible