Snow Removal Assistance Program 2020/21Posted on October 15, 2020
The Terrace Bay Snow Removal Assistance Program 2020/21.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS FOLLOWS:
Tuesday, October 27th – 10 am to12 Noon & 1pm to 5 pm
Wednesday, October 28th – 10 am to12 Noon
Terrace Bay Community Centre – ACTIVITY ROOM / OLD LIBRARY
For the upcoming winter season, the municipality will be offering snow removal services to eligible individuals, couples, or families. To be eligible for the program, a household must meet one of the following requirements:
- 65 years of age or older and provide proof that you are financially unable to make arrangements (i.e. HST rebate or Trillium), or
- physically handicapped and provide proof that you are financially unable to make arrangements (i.e. disability pension) AND There is NO person living at the address above who is physically capable of removing snow from the driveway or driveway entrance.
Furthermore, the following will apply: READ MORE
In order to have the fee waived, a senior who is 65 years or over must provide evidence at the time of application that they are receiving the Guaranteed Income Supplement.
- I understand that the Township will be billing me $12.00 per occurrence for the cost of snow clearing and that billing will be done on a monthly basis (Subject to Change).
- I understand that it will be my sole responsibility to contact my designated Contractor (Contractor information will be provided) when service is required. The Township is not to be called to perform this service it is strictly up to the individual.
- Program administrators reserve the right to make or change all decisions.
- Participants understand that if their account falls into arrears that The Township of Terrace Bay has the authority to cancel the driveway clearing service until such a time that the account is brought up to date.
If you are not able to attend on the above dates please contact Jennifer at 825-3315, ext. 229 during regular business hours to make alternate arrangements
Properties serving commercial properties or multiple dwellings will not be cleaned under this program.