Terrace Bay Boat Docks Open for the SeasonPosted on May 15, 2020
The Terrace Bay Docks & Boat Launch is now Open for the season. The Township has put in place the following Guidelines for Boat Launch and Dock usage during COVID-19 – May 15, 2020. READ MORE
All users must observe the following rules to ensure the safety of everyone:
- Launch users MUST maintain physical distancing of at least two metres (2m) at all times.
- Dock users and shoreline anglers MUST maintain physical distancing of at least two metres (2m) between individuals.
- It is recommended that Passengers/anglers in boats should be limited to those who reside in the same household. Non-family/non-household members in the same boat need to practice proper physical distancing.
- The dock surfaces, railings and seating areas are currently not sanitized or cleaned regularly. All users should take proper precautions and wash hands or sanitize after any contact.
- Restrooms are available but are only cleaned and sanitized once a day. All users should take proper precautions and wash hands or sanitize after any contact.
- Upon arrival at the launch, park your vehicle in the parking area to prepare your boat to launch.
- Vehicles and trailers must be parked with a minimum two metre (2m) distance between.
- When it is your turn to launch, head to the ramp area and launch your boat. Only one (1) boat to launch at a time. Secure your boat to the dock, while you return your vehicle to the parking area.
- Park vehicle and return to your boat. Leave the launch area and head out to the Lake.
- You MUST wait your turn to complete the launch/load process – if another boater is ahead of you, remain at your vehicle in the parking area until they have completed their launch/load and have vacated the area.
- Upon returning to the launch, assess if there are other boats launching or loading. If there is a boat ahead of you, you MUST wait until the ramp is clear.
- Secure your boat to the dock and retrieve your parked vehicle. Boats should be moored
- Back down the ramp and load your boat onto the trailer. Only one (1) boat to load at a time.
- Return to the area to complete any tasks required before safely leaving the beach area.
- You MUST wait your turn to complete the launch/load process – if another boater is ahead of you remain in your vehicle in the parking area until they have completed ALL steps in the launch/load process and have vacated the area.
Your compliance with these rules and procedures is appreciated. Stay safe while on the water!
For more information contact the Township of Terrace Bay at (807) 825-3315
For Emergencies contact 911