Truck DriverPosted on December 5, 2019
Terrace Bay Region
Goldfinch Cartage Ltd is currently seeking two (2) Truck drivers.
Two (2) Permanent/Full-Time Truck Drivers operating in the Terrace Bay Region (Ontario).
• Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
• Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
• Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
• Perform emergency roadside repairs
• Perform brake adjustments
• Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment;
• Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
• May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
• Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
• Fluent in English or French Language
• Driver’s Licence (Class 1/1F/A)
• Air brake endorsement
• Completion of an accredited driver training course through a vocational school or community college
• On the job training is provided
Hourly wage: $26.40 for 40 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume to
In person: 234 High ridge road
Winnipeg, MB R3X 1V2 Between 09:00 AM and 03:00 PM
NOTE: Only candidates who meet the above qualifications will be contacted. Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JANUARY 20, 2020. INTERVIEWS MAY BE DONE EITHER IN PERSON OR VIA SKYPE.