Underground ElectricianPosted on December 16, 2021
Wesdome Gold Mine – Located approximately 3 hours from Terrace Bay
The Underground Mine Electrician is responsible for doing the electrical construction and maintenance of the mining operation and camp complex.
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety and environmental regulations and policies is of primary importance with this position.
• Performing repairs and doing preventative maintenance by following job procedures and using accepted industry practices are a necessary part of this position.
• Following maintenance and work directives from the Electrical Supervisor, Electrical Superintendent in the Electrical Supervisors absence.
• Planning jobs in the most efficient and cost effective manner are important duties of this position.
• Posses a valid electrical red seal ticket in either Industrial or Construction and Maintenance in Ontario.
• Possess common core certificates for underground mining operations.
• At least 2 years underground experience
• Have an aptitude for creating and maintaining a good work atmosphere with co-workers in maintenance and operations.
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Be in good physical condition.
The following list forms a basis for the position’s responsibilities but does not necessarily encompass all the duties that may be required in the performance of this position.
• Ensuring all personal protective equipment is in place before starting any job as prescribed in the Act.
• Notify supervisor of any unsafe conditions that need to be corrected before any job is started and refuse to perform any unsafe task.
• Liase with the Joint Health and Safety committee on Health and Safety issues in the Electrical Department.
• Maintain logbooks on any equipment that require repairs or services logged.
• Provide input in safety meetings
• Provide electrical assistance to other departments when required.
• Perform all work to the applicable electrical code standard.
• Work with operations to ensure a smooth liaison in any maintenance being performed.
• 12 hour shifts
• Wednesday to Wednesday Rotation
Please contact if interested
Jason Graham – Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent