The Terrace Bay Snow Removal Assistance Program 2020/21.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS FOLLOWS:
Tuesday, October 27th – 10 am to12 Noon & 1pm to 5 pm
Wednesday, October 28th - 10 am to12 Noon
Terrace Bay Community Centre - ACTIVITY ROOM / OLD LIBRARY
For the upcoming winter season, the municipality will be offering snow removal services to eligible individuals, couples, or families. To be eligible for the program, a household must meet one of the following requirements:
- 65 years of age or older and provide proof that you are financially unable to make arrangements (i.e. HST rebate or Trillium), or
- physically handicapped and provide proof that you are financially unable to make arrangements (i.e. disability pension) AND There is NO person living at the address above who is physically capable of removing snow from the driveway or driveway entrance.
Furthermore, the following will apply: READ MORE
The Winter Landfill Site Hours of Operation will begin tomorrow - Friday, October 16.
Open on Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday from 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Closed on Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday.
It's that time of year again! The North Shore Family Health Team/TBDHU will be offering a DRIVE THRU FLU SHOT CLINIC.
Terrace Bay Cultural Centre
October 21 - 3:00pm to 5:30pm
November 4 - 3:00pm to 5:30pm
Schreiber Recreation Centre
October 27 - 3:00pm to 5:30pm
November 10 - 3:00pm to 5:30pm
For Everyone’s Safety Please Use the following precautions:
• If you are feeling unwell do not attend the clinic.
• Everyone must wear a mask.
• Wear loose fitting clothing like a short sleeve tee shirt to better facilitate immunization.
• Only those people seated at a vehicle window will be immunized.
The Public Works Department will do a townsite pick up from residential properties as per the schedule noted below Wednesday, October 14 to Friday, October 16, 2020 inclusive with no exceptions. Pick up applies to residential properties only, commercial and business properties are not included.
There will be no pick-up of tires, demolition material or brush piles. Large quantities of concrete will not be picked up (i.e. sidewalks or old foundations). Tires, demolition material, brush piles or concrete can be delivered to the landfill site by the property and regular rates will apply. Demolition material includes roofing material, dismantled garage or shed, etc.
Residents are asked to place rubbish close to the roadside and in proper containers where necessary to permit easy access for loading by 7:00 a.m. on their scheduled pick up day. READ MORE.
The Township of Terrace Bay Police Services Board is looking for 1 - Provincial Appointed Board Member to serve on the board.
The Police Services Board oversee how policing is provided in your local community. They contribute to their community’s safety and well-being by working with local citizens and organizations to ensure their community receives the appropriate policing it needs. A municipality’s policing is overseen by a board where the community chooses one of the following:
- to establish a municipal police force
- to establish a joint police force with other municipalities
- to contract with the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) to receive policing services
For more Information on this board position and how to apply:
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact the Terrace Bay Municipal Office at 825-3315 ext.229