Terrace Bay BeachVisiting Attractions Terrace Bay Beach
ABOUT THE BEACH
The beautiful, sandy Terrace Bay Beach is your launching point onto the mighty waters of Lake Superior, the caribou trodden archipelago of the Slate Islands Provincial Park and the Lake Superior National Marine Conservation Area!
By day, the beach is a fantastic spot to watch the waves or enjoy the grande view of the Slate Islands. At night, the beach’s dark skies make it a perfect spot for stargazing, and spotting the northern lights and milky way!
Interested in camping or fishing on the Slate Islands, or renting a kayak to paddle along the coastline? Check out our local operators and outfitters.
- Beach volleyball court
- Boat launch and docks (open from May to October; 3 ft. draft at the river mouth)
- Picnic tables
- RV and boat friendly parking lot
- Wheelchair accessible kayak launch
Things to Do Near the Beach:
A NEW LOOK FOR THE BEACH
- build a beach pavillion with year-round washrooms, sheltered picnic area and programming/event facilities for tourists/locals (e.g. kayaking and paddleboarding clinics, concerts, festivals, shuttle services and the like);
- establish a boardwalk along the beach with seating areas;
- install a gazebo at the far end of the beach, and;
- pave and expand the parking lot to accommodate even more boaters and tourists.
Stay up-to-date with the Terrace Bay Beach project by following us on Facebook.