The Corporation of the Township of Terrace Bay is accepting applications for board members for the Terrace Bay Public Library Board 2023-2026 term.
Besides an abiding passion for libraries, the applicant must be:
• at least (18) eighteen years old.
• a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada).
• a resident of the Township of Terrace Bay; and the applicant must NOT be employed by the board or by the municipality.
• To participate as part of the Board and fulfil the goals and mission as set out in Library’s most recent Strategic Plan.
• The Board member represents a community perspective and is expected to represent the library in the community.
• This is a volunteer position.
• Minimum of seven (7) meetings per year (held monthly)
Please address letters and requests no later than Wednesday December 14, 2022, to:
Mayor and Council
Re: Terrace Bay Public Library Board Vacancy
P.O. Box 40, 1 Selkirk Avenue
Terrace Bay, ON
The Township of Terrace Bay invites residents to witness the signing of the Oath & Declaration of Elected Office of our Council on Monday, November 21, 2022 at 6:00pm – Terrace Bay Community Centre – Conference Room.
This is a friendly reminder that in accordance with By-Law No. 95-18, The Uniform Traffic By-law, Section 22, Winter Overnight Parking, Subsection 22.1,
no person shall park or stand a vehicle on a street or highway effective from 1:00 am to 7:00 am, between November 15th and April 15th
of each calendar year. This By-law will be enforced
In accordance with By-laws 33-2007, 35-2008 and 30-2013 notice is herby provided of surplus municipal property (Roll# 5854 0000 0308 1000 000), legally described as PLAN M143 LOT 421; and municipally addressed as 16 Elizabeth Avenue; and owned by the Corporation of the Township of Terrace Bay is to be sold via by-law at the Regular Council Meeting to be held on November 21st, 2022.
SNOW REMOVAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM 2022/23
Wednesday, October 26 – 10am to 5pm AND Thursday, October 27 - 10am to Noon
Terrace Bay Community Centre - Conference Room
For the upcoming winter season, the municipality will be offering snow removal services to eligible individuals, couples, or families. To be eligible for the program, a household must meet one of the following requirements: Current Documents must be provided.
- 65 years of age or older and provide proof that you are financially unable to make arrangements (i.e. HST rebate or Trillium), or
- Physically handicapped and provide proof that you are financially unable to make arrangements (i.e. disability pension) or
- To have the fee waived, a senior who is 65 years or over must provide evidence at the time of application that they are receiving the Guaranteed Income Supplement.
*There must be NO person living at the address above who is physically capable of removing snow from the driveway or driveway entrance.
If you are not able to attend, please contact Jennifer at 825-3315 ext. 7103 during regular business hours to make alternate arrangements.