The Terrace Bay Swim Pool weekly schedules are posted online on FaceBook - Terrace Bay Swim Pool, please like and follow this page for happenings at the pool! All Swim information and schedules are also available on our swim pool website page.
Reminder to Residents regarding the use of ATV's in Terrace Bay. Please ensure you obey the bylaw which pertains to all Municipal Roads and was written in line with the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. To view Bylaw 31-15 Please Ride Safe and Understand the Rules!
- Only single rider ATV's allowed with one licensed rider
- Speed limit is 20km/h within the municipality
- Only allowed on roads during the hours of 7am to 11pm
- No access permitted - 1. on private property without owner's consent, 2. Municipal public property except established trail systems, 3. on any municipal sidewalks or walking black paths, and 4. on Simcoe Plaza.
A friendly reminder for our residents: please ensure you are cutting your lawn in a timely manner; let's keep Terrace Bay as the "gem" of the north shore. Thank you everyone for your cooperation and hard work.
Now that we’re in the summer season, here’s what you need to know when it comes to dealing with problem black bear in town.
The Township asks you keep these three things in mind the next time you see a black bear in the Township:
- If you have a complaint regarding threats to life or property coming from problem black bears in the Township, please direct all complaints to 911 or the OPP. Make the call to 911 or the OPP when a black bear poses an immediate threat to your personal safety, or:
- enters a school yard (when school is in session)
- enters or tries to enter a residence
- wanders into a public gathering
- kills livestock/pets and lingers at the site
- stalks people and lingers at the site
- If you see a bear within the Township, but it is not posing a threat to human life or property, please report those sightings to the MNRF, between April 1 to November 30. Make the call to the MNRF for black bear non-emergencies, such as:
- roaming, checking garbage cans
- knocking over barbecues
- moving through a backyard or field, but not lingering
- Bylaw complaints associated with black bear attractants (such as summer bird feeders, improper garbage storage, etc.) shall be made to the Township, as per policy C-3-29.
If it is a black bear emergency, call 9-1-1.
If it is a black bear non-emergency/sighting, call MNRF (1-866-514-2327).
The Municipality of Terrace Bay is offering the following equipment/items for sale. The equipment is being sold on an “As Is, Where Is” basis. Arrangements for viewing can be made by contacting the Terrace Bay Community Centre Office at (807) 825-3315 ext. 230. Read More
Residents Notice - Public Works will be starting the second and final STREET SWEEPING for 2019 on Wednesday, June 5th. Sand and Gravel from winter road operations will no longer be collected once the sweeper has gone by. Property Owners are responsible for clean-up of any lawn sweepings left on the road after spring sweeping operations have concluded and/or for any of the prohibited materials listed above. Street Sweeping Schedule will start in this order - Northside, Southside & Terrace Heights
Notice to Residents! Please be advised that a BEAR TRAP has been placed in the Superior/Strathcona/Lakeview area. Please stay clear of the trap to ensure all residents safety! Thanks for your cooperation.
Please be advised that the flow at the Hays Lake Dam will be increased from the current outflow of 46 m3/s to 77 m3/s today Monday May 13th, 2019. Residents are advised to exercise caution in this area. Stay Clear! Stay Safe!
Please be advised that the flow at the Hays Lake Dam will be increased from the current outflow of 0m3/s to 40m3/s today, Thursday, April 25, 2019. Residents are advised to exercise caution in this area. Stay Clear! Stay Safe!
This is a reminder that in accordance with Bylaw No. 16-2012, a Bylaw to Prohibit the Feeding of Wildlife within the Corporate limits of The Township of Terrace Bay
a) No Owner or occupier of land within the Township of Terrace Bay shall intentionally feed, cause to be fed, or provide or make available food attractants or other similar substances for the consumption of Wildlife within the boundaries of the Township of Terrace Bay, on either private or public property. Read More