The Council Meeting for Monday, November 11 has been rescheduled to Tuesday, November 12 at 6:30pm in the Council Chambers. All residents are welcome to attend!
The Terrace Bay Memorial Arena will OPEN for the season on Friday, October 18, 2019. Check out the Arena webpage for the weekly arena schedules.
For the upcoming winter season, the municipality will be offering snow removal services to eligible individuals, couples or families. Snow Removal Assistance Eligibility Requirements
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AS FOLLOWS:
Tuesday, October 29, 2019: 10:00am to 12:00 Noon and 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Wednesday, October 30, 2019: 10:00am to 12 Noon
If you are not able to attend the Municipal Office on the above dates to complete the form, please contact the Municipal Office at 825-3315, ext. 229 during regular business hours to make alternate arrangements
Please be advised that Ontario Power Generation will be doing a log operation at Hays Lake Dam which will increase the flow out of the dam from 0 cms to approximately 47 cms. This will be occurring around 15:00 today.
Residents are advised to exercise caution in this area. Stay Clear! Stay Safe!
The Corporation of the Town of Marathon, Township of Manitouwadge, Township of Schreiber, Township of Terrace Bay and the Municipality of Wawa have agreed to form a new natural gas distribution company to distribute natural gas in their respective municipalities. The natural gas delivery system in each municipality will be supplied by liquefied natural gas that will be transported to each municipality and delivered to customers using the distribution facilities proposed in this application.
The Corporation of the Town of Marathon has applied to the Ontario Energy Board for approval to construct a total of 116.5 kilometres of natural gas pipelines in the Town of Marathon, Township of Manitouwadge, Township of Schreiber, Township of Terrace Bay and Municipality of Wawa.
Please visit the webpage for more information on the project. The documents are also accessible for public viewing at the Terrace Bay Municipal Offices (Clerk's Office) during regular business hours, Monday to Friday.
Reminder to Residents regarding the use of ATV's in Terrace Bay. Please ensure you obey the bylaw which pertains to all Municipal Roads and was written in line with the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. To view Bylaw 31-15 Please Ride Safe and Understand the Rules!
- Only single rider ATV's allowed with one licensed rider
- Speed limit is 20km/h within the municipality
- Only allowed on roads during the hours of 7am to 11pm
- No access permitted - 1. on private property without owner's consent, 2. Municipal public property except established trail systems, 3. on any municipal sidewalks or walking black paths, and 4. on Simcoe Plaza.
Now that we’re in the summer season, here’s what you need to know when it comes to dealing with problem black bear in town.
The Township asks you keep these three things in mind the next time you see a black bear in the Township:
- If you have a complaint regarding threats to life or property coming from problem black bears in the Township, please direct all complaints to 911 or the OPP. Make the call to 911 or the OPP when a black bear poses an immediate threat to your personal safety, or:
- enters a school yard (when school is in session)
- enters or tries to enter a residence
- wanders into a public gathering
- kills livestock/pets and lingers at the site
- stalks people and lingers at the site
- If you see a bear within the Township, but it is not posing a threat to human life or property, please report those sightings to the MNRF, between April 1 to November 30. Make the call to the MNRF for black bear non-emergencies, such as:
- roaming, checking garbage cans
- knocking over barbecues
- moving through a backyard or field, but not lingering
- Bylaw complaints associated with black bear attractants (such as summer bird feeders, improper garbage storage, etc.) shall be made to the Township, as per policy C-3-29.
If it is a black bear emergency, call 9-1-1.
If it is a black bear non-emergency/sighting, call MNRF (1-866-514-2327).
The Municipality of Terrace Bay is offering the following equipment/items for sale. The equipment is being sold on an “As Is, Where Is” basis. Arrangements for viewing can be made by contacting the Terrace Bay Community Centre Office at (807) 825-3315 ext. 230. Read More
Residents Notice - Public Works will be starting the second and final STREET SWEEPING for 2019 on Wednesday, June 5th. Sand and Gravel from winter road operations will no longer be collected once the sweeper has gone by. Property Owners are responsible for clean-up of any lawn sweepings left on the road after spring sweeping operations have concluded and/or for any of the prohibited materials listed above. Street Sweeping Schedule will start in this order - Northside, Southside & Terrace Heights
Notice to Residents! Please be advised that a BEAR TRAP has been placed in the Superior/Strathcona/Lakeview area. Please stay clear of the trap to ensure all residents safety! Thanks for your cooperation.