The Terrace Bay Municipal Office is now OPEN from 10:00am to 9:30pm – Monday to Friday and Saturday – 10:00am to 4:00pm
The Corporation of the Township of Terrace Bay has been actively updating its Influenza planning and monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it evolves around the world and in Canada.
Mayor Jody Davis and Township Administration are in regular contact with health officials, to monitor the situation and the response from the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Health.
“In unprecedented times like today, it is critical that citizens take our Health Care Professional’s recommendations seriously. For those who have recently returned from out of country, please respect the required mandate to self-quarantine for 14 days. There are services available to assist you during your transition back home.
I would like to remind the public that this is a time for calm and thoughtfulness. It is important for us to remain properly informed with up-to-date reliable sources and to exercise best hygiene practices and coughing and sneezing etiquette. As a community, we must band together for the protection of our health and well-being. Please be considerate and kind to your neighbours.” – Mayor Jody Davis
COVID-19 SELF ASSESSMENT
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care
Terrace Bay RESIDENT updates:
Regular updates will be provided on the Township of Terrace Bay website – Terrace Bay News and social media. Read the media releases issued below:
- Guidelines for Skate Park usage during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Notice – Outdoor Public Amenities – May 21, 2020(2)
- Guidelines for Boat Launch and Dock usage during COVID-19 – May 15, 2020
- COVID-19 Notice to Residents – May 1,2020
- Ontario Community Support EN, April 22, 2020 Ontario Community Support FR April 22, 2020
- Landfill – Garbage Collection Notice April 3, 2020
- COVID-19 Notice to Residents – March 28, 2020
- Closing Parks & Rec. Equip. – March 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Notice Update – March 25, 2020
- Fire Permit Suspension – March 25, 2020
- Landfill Notice – March 19, 2020
- Senior’s Shopping Hour – March 18, 2020
- Terrace Bay COVID-19 Resident Updates – March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 Notice to Residents – March 15, 2020
Gym Memberships – For all current fitness room/gym memberships, the Township shall extend those affected gym memberships for each day that the 24-hour gym is closed.
IMPACTED TOWNSHIP SERVICES
Closure of Facilities
The following Township Facilities are CLOSED to the public until further notice:
- Fitness Room
- Bowling Alley
- Curling Club
- Seniors Centre
All essential municipal services will be maintained as well as continuity of governance and business operations.
Property Taxes & Water Bills
The Terrace Bay Municipal Office is OPEN and will take payments over the phone – Monday to Friday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Tax and Water payments are still being accepted through the following means:
- electronic means (telephone, online, mobile banking),
- in person at your financial institution,
- mail or courier (cheque or money order; do not send cash). Post dated cheques are accepted for due dates.
- Residents may also call into the office to pay their bills over the phone with a credit card.
Ensure that the amount on the cheque reflects the exact amount owing, and include the remittance portion of your tax and water bill. Note that payments are processed on business days only.
Virg shares her words of wisdom with the community:
Kim shares his words of wisdom with the community:
- Provincial Ministry of Health – The Ontario Ministry of Health reports on the status of cases in Ontario each morning at 10:30 am
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit – The Health Unit’s website contains links to credible sources of information for both the public and local health care providers
- The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
All public health officials agree that the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to follow typical flu precautions. These include the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
Information for Businesses
Superior North CFDC
Regional Development Agencies
Department of Finance Canada
Global Affairs Canada
Business Development Canada
- Support for Entrepreneurs impacted by coronavirus
- Business continuity plan and templates for entrepreneurs
Employment and Social Development Canada
Canadian Chamber of Commerce
Canadian Federation of Independent Business