TERRACE BAY MUNICIPAL SERVICES UPDATE DUE TO RED ZONE RESTRICTIONS
The Terrace Bay Municipal Office will remain OPEN from Monday to Friday – 10:00am to 9:30pm and Saturday – 10:00am to 4:00pm for front counter service only.. These hours have been reduced in accordance with Provincial Regulations. All current COVID-19 restrictions and protocols remain in place and will be strictly enforced. A mask must be worn at all times while inside the Community Centre. All patrons will be asked to fill out a screening form. Anyone showing signs or symptoms associated with COVID-19 are asked to not enter the building.
Municipal Office Services
While the Municipal Office is open, we recommend the following:
Please only come into the Municipal Office if it is essential – for purchasing of garbage tags, landfill cards, dog tags and paying bills.
Did you know – utility and tax bills can be paid online through your financial institution. Credit card payments can be taken over the phone if necessary.
If you are applying for a building permit or planning application, please call the Municipal Office at 807-825-3315.
Fitness Room will re-open to the public on Wednesday, February 17, 2021. Fitness Room maximum capacity will remain at 6 people, and users are reminded to maintain social distancing in the fitness room and users are required to wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility. All patrons will be asked to fill out a screening form before entering the fitness room or the online form. Anyone showing signs or symptoms associated with COVID-19 are asked to not enter the building. The changeroom/sauna will be closed, access will be allowed for users to the changeroom washroom only in the RED zone. Recreation Members will have their memberships extended for the period of the closure.
Terrace Bay Arena will be Re-Opening on Wednesday, February 17 under RED Zone Restrictions. Only Public Skating and Organization Groups will be allowed on the ice during this time. No Shinny Hockey will be permitted. Residents will need to call the Recreation Office at 825-3315 to book a space for evening and weekend public skating times as a maximum of 10 participants will only be allowed on the ice at a time. The time slots will be at 30 minute periods. All patrons will be asked to fill out a screening form before entering the arena. Anyone showing signs or symptoms associated with COVID-19 are asked to not enter the building.
Terrace Bay Cultural Centre
Seniors Centre and Michael King Hall OPEN with RED Zone restrictions. Contact the Seniors Centre for more information at 825-3315 ext.244
Terrace Bay Public Library
Under Red Zone restrictions, Terrace Bay Public Library has reopened to the public. Patrons entering the library must wear a mask, hand sanitize, sign the contact tracing sheet and social distance. Please keep visits to a maximum of 15 minutes. Curbside service is also available if preferred. Call the Library at 807.825.3315 x222
All Council meetings will revert to virtual meetings until further notice. Links to the virtual meetings will be posted on the municipal website and on Township social media. Please contact the CAO/Clerk’s Office if you have questions.
The Corporation of the Township of Terrace Bay has been actively updating its Influenza planning and monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it evolves around the world and in Canada.
Mayor Jody Davis and Township Administration are in regular contact with health officials, to monitor the situation and the response from the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Health.
“In unprecedented times like today, it is critical that citizens take our Health Care Professional’s recommendations seriously. For those who have recently returned from out of country, please respect the required mandate to self-quarantine for 14 days. There are services available to assist you during your transition back home.
I would like to remind the public that this is a time for calm and thoughtfulness. It is important for us to remain properly informed with up-to-date reliable sources and to exercise best hygiene practices and coughing and sneezing etiquette. As a community, we must band together for the protection of our health and well-being. Please be considerate and kind to your neighbours.” – Mayor Jody Davis
COVID-19 SELF ASSESSMENT
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine if you need to seek further care
Terrace Bay RESIDENT updates:
Regular updates will be provided on the Township of Terrace Bay website – Terrace Bay News and social media. Read the media releases issued below:
- Outdoor Recreational Amenities to stay open during 2nd Provincial Lockdown
- Terrace Bay COVID-19 Safety Plan
- TB Curling Club Re-opening Guidelines 2020
- TB Arena COVID-19 Reopening Guidelines 2020
- Seniors Centre Re-Opening Guidelines.2020
- Indoor Community Space Rentals Guidance for Re-opening 2020
- Tourist Information Centre Re-opening Guidelines 2020
- Fitness Room Re-Opening Guidelines July 24, 2020
- Swim Pool Re-opening Guidelines 2020
- Guidelines for Skate Park usage during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Notice – Outdoor Public Amenities – May 21, 2020(2)
- Guidelines for Boat Launch and Dock usage during COVID-19 – May 15, 2020
- COVID-19 Notice to Residents – May 1,2020
- Ontario Community Support EN, April 22, 2020 Ontario Community Support FR April 22, 2020
- Landfill – Garbage Collection Notice April 3, 2020
- COVID-19 Notice to Residents – March 28, 2020
- Closing Parks & Rec. Equip. – March 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Notice Update – March 25, 2020
- Fire Permit Suspension – March 25, 2020
- Landfill Notice – March 19, 2020
- Senior’s Shopping Hour – March 18, 2020
- Terrace Bay COVID-19 Resident Updates – March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 Notice to Residents – March 15, 2020
Gym Memberships – For all current fitness room/gym memberships, the Township shall extend those affected gym memberships for each day that the 24-hour gym is closed.
IMPACTED TOWNSHIP SERVICES
Closure of Facilities
The following Township Facilities are CLOSED to the public until further notice:
- Racquetball/Squash Courts
- Curling Club
- Bowling Alley
- Games Room
- Meeting Rooms
All essential municipal services will be maintained as well as continuity of governance and business operations.
Property Taxes & Water Bills
The Terrace Bay Municipal Office is OPEN and will take payments over the phone – Monday to Friday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Tax and Water payments are still being accepted through the following means:
- electronic means (telephone, online, mobile banking),
- in person at your financial institution,
- mail or courier (cheque or money order; do not send cash). Post dated cheques are accepted for due dates.
- Residents may also call into the office to pay their bills over the phone with a credit card.
Ensure that the amount on the cheque reflects the exact amount owing, and include the remittance portion of your tax and water bill. Note that payments are processed on business days only.
Virg shares her words of wisdom with the community:
Kim shares his words of wisdom with the community:
- Provincial Ministry of Health – The Ontario Ministry of Health reports on the status of cases in Ontario each morning at 10:30 am
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit – The Health Unit’s website contains links to credible sources of information for both the public and local health care providers
- The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
All public health officials agree that the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to follow typical flu precautions. These include the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
Information for Businesses
Ontario Small Business Support Grant
Ontario Energy Board
Superior North CFDC
Regional Development Agencies
Department of Finance Canada
Global Affairs Canada
Business Development Canada
- Support for Entrepreneurs impacted by coronavirus
- Business continuity plan and templates for entrepreneurs
Employment and Social Development Canada
Canadian Chamber of Commerce
Canadian Federation of Independent Business