Residential Spring Clean Up Week – May 13 to 20, 2023Posted on May 5, 2023
Use of the landfill site will be free of charge from May 13 to May 20, 2023, closed May 16 & 18 inclusive for residential properties only of the Township of Terrace Bay.
There will be no pickup of tires or demolition material or large quantities of concrete (i.e., sidewalks or old foundations). Tires, demolition material or concrete can be delivered to the landfill site by the property or business owner and regular rates will apply.
Freezers or fridges require certification that refrigerant has been removed before they will be accepted for pick up or disposal at the landfill site.
Electronic Waste will be picked-up as part of the Spring Clean Up in addition to our free e-waste depot at the landfill. For more info on e-waste depot – www.terracebay.ca/recycling
PLEASE DO NOT DEPOSIT MATERIALS ELIGIBLE FOR THE HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY.
SCHEDULE OF PICK UPS
Leave material for pick up at the curb by 7:00 a.m. the day of your scheduled pick up. **
Monday, May 15
Northside – Hudson, Pine, Poplar, Birch, Laurier, Selkirk & Radisson
Tuesday, May 16 – Regular Scheduled Municipal Garbage Collection – No Tags Required
Wednesday, May 17
Southside – Kenogami, McDonald, Lakeview, Superior, Elizabeth, Fort Garry, Princess & Strathcona
Thursday, May 18
Terrace Heights Subdivision – Terrace Heights, Terrace Court, Timber Grove, Timber Grove Court, East Grove, East Grove Court, Cavanaugh, Parkway & Southridge
LANDFILL SITE HOURS
Open: Saturday May 13 to Saturday May 20 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed: Tuesday May 16 and Thursday May 18
Resume operation with regular hours and fees: Wednesday May 24 1:00 p.m.
Summer Hours: June 1 – October 15 from 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Closed Tuesday & Thursday
RESIDENTIAL SPRING CLEAN-UP WEEK
The intent of Clean-up Week is for Property Owners to clean up their lots and beautify the community. It is not the intent for the Municipality to accept waste from day-to-day operations. The following restrictions will apply:
- No steel, including but not limited to, vehicles and vehicle parts;
- No hazardous waste will be accepted;
- Municipality will only provide pick-up on residential properties;
- Maximum quantity will be restricted to one dump truck load or five (5) ½ ton loads per property;
- The Landfill Site Attendant has the right to turn away vehicles should they feel it is necessary. Any disagreements will be resolved through Operations Manager at a later date.
A fine of $500.00 will be assessed to anyone found dumping unauthorized waste in the landfill site.
HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY
Friday June 2, 2023 – 10:00 am to 2:00 pm – Tourist Information Centre Parking Lot
Eligible Household Hazardous Waste Materials for drop-off:
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs and tubes
- Fertilizers, fungicide, herbicide, insecticides, pesticides, and its containers
- Oil containers of 30 litres or less and used oil filters.
- Paints and coatings along with its containers
- Pressurized containers such as propane tanks and fire extinguishers
- Rechargeable batteries (please separate from single-use batteries)
- Solvents and paint strippers
Car batteries will not be accepted. Please take to our local Automotive Repair businesses “Free of Charge”.
We do not accept commercial or industrial hazardous waste. For more information – www.terracebay.ca/hhwd
Volunteers we need your assistance!
We are seeking volunteers to assist with Hazardous Waste Day. If interested contact Special Projects Co-ordinator Stacy Moffat @ email@example.com or call 807-825-3315 ext. 7106