Why Invest Here?Business Site Selector Why Invest Here?
The Township of Terrace Bay and the region has numerous benefits for potential investors. Northwestern Ontario has been significantly affected by the downturn in the forestry industry and investors are able to take advantage of excellent investment opportunities in low cost buildings and properties.
“INVEST IN THE TURNAROUND”
Terrace Bay is known for encouraging economic growth, as shown by the 2010/2011 Entrepreneurial Community of the Year Award by the Northern Ontario Business Awards.
Terrace Bay is strategically located in the centre of Canada and the U.S
Low worker health benefits in comparison to the US and other countries
Investments in the local economy with over $8 million invested in the McCausland Hospital Long-Term Care Project (ongoing) in 2009, $44 million invested in Terrace Bay Pulp Inc cogeneration technologies and restart guarantees in 2010, $5.5 million for a new primary school and daycare in 2007 and $13 million in water infrastructure from 2005-2009.
- Promising recently copmpleted economic development initiatives including the $3 million Downtown Revitalization Project and the $2 million Cultural Centre project.
- Numerous other recent successes – for more information download the September 2014 Economic Update Newsletter.
- Available, affordable commercial/industrial land.
- Available, affordable residential real estate.
- High potential for renewable energy alternatives.
- Excellent transportation options through highway, railway and access to Lake Superior.
- Excellent regional trades labour.
- Strong regional education options through Lakehead University and Confederation College
Community Development Supervisor
Terrace Bay Community Centre
1 Selkirk Avenue, Terrace Bay, ON P0T 2W0
Office: (807) 825-3315, ext. 230
Fax: (807) 825-9576