Accessibility PlanGovernment Municipal Information Accessibility Plan
Statement of organizational commitment
The Corporation of the Township of Terrace Bay is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and meeting our accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and Ontario’s accessibility laws.
- 2023 Accessibility Plan |
- Accessibility Policy and Commitment
- Accessible Customer Service Policy |
- Accessible Customer Service Brochure |
The Township of Terrace Bay welcomes feedback and input from the public and patrons of our facilities on ways we can improve accessibility and barrier-free access. There are a number of ways to provide comments.
- In writing by
- e-mail; or
- in person
- at the Township Office; and/or
- verbally in-person; or
- by calling a staff member at the Township office (807) 825-3315.
Accessible formats and and communication supports for persons with disabilities will be provided or arranged for, upon request. All feedback and inquiry should be directed to:
Township of Terrace Bay
Terrace Bay, ON
Phone: (807) 825-3315 ex. 7108
Fax: (807) 825-9576
Assistive Devices AT Township Facilities
Audio & Visual
Service animals are welcome at all Township of Terrace Bay facilities, however “pets” are prohibited under By-Law No.94-04.
Power Assist Doors
Automatic door openers are installed at the Selkirk entrance as well as in the washroom facilities of the Terrace Bay Community Centre and Terrace Bay Library and Cultural Centre.
The Township of Terrace Bay has a “One Person, One Fare Policy.” This policy states that any person attending a municipal recreation facility, program or event, and who is accompanied by a support person, shall be charged only one fare for admission.
A wheelchair accessible viewing platform is in place at the Aguasabon Falls and Gorge.
- Luke Bedard, Community Development Supervisor
- Michelle Malashewski, Community Development Assistant
- Jon Hall, Chief Administrative Officer Clerk
- Councillor Bert Johnson
T: (807) 825-3315
F: (807) 825-9576
Increasing Website Text
- Holding down the Ctrl key and moving the scroll wheel to zoom in and out of the page, or
- By clicking on “View” in the toolbar at the top of the page and selecting “Zoom,” then adjusting the text size to fit your needs.
Alternatively, the “Increasing Text Size” function can also be used though the above methods are preferred as it may affect the website layout.