Are you on the Voter’s List?Posted on September 21, 2022
Check to see if you Are you on the Voter’s List? To be eligible to vote in the 2022 Municipal Election, you must be:
(2) A person is entitled to be an elector at an election held in a local municipality if, on voting day, he or she,
(a) resides in the local municipality or is the owner or tenant of land there, or the spouse of such owner or tenant;
(b) is a Canadian citizen;
(c) is at least 18 years old; and
(d) is not prohibited from voting under subsection (3) or otherwise by law. 2002, c. 17, Sched. D, s. 5 (2); 2005, c. 5, s. 46 (1).
Township of Terrace Bay voters: If you know you are not on the voter’s list please come to the municipal office to register on any weekday, M-F from 10:00am to 5:00pm. You can also register at the Advance Poll on Saturday October 15, 2022 from 12:00pm to 8:00pm. You can also register on Election Day, Monday October 24, 2022. Avoid the lines, register early today!
At the Advanced Vote and on Election Day: Please remember that identification is required when you go to vote. Please remember to bring your ID to make the process more efficient. You will need to show your ID, which contains your name and address. Please bring an original, or certified/notarized copy, of any of the following documents:
1. An Ontario driver’s licence.
2. An Ontario Health Card (photo card).
3. An Ontario Photo Card.
4. An Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion).
5. A cancelled personalized cheque.
6. A mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario.
For a complete list of acceptable pieces of identification, visit the Government of Ontario’s website or O.Reg. 304/13